Have you ever felt like a victim or felt like you couldn't really make a difference?
We are offering you the opportunity to make a difference for your community. Scam Shield is empowering people like you to work together to fight fraudulent businesses. If you have some spare time, join our fight to make it hard for criminals and fraudulent business to prey on your children, parents, friends and neighbors.
Whatever your age, whatever your skills, no matter how much time you have available, you can help. Below is a list of some of the areas where you can offer some assistance.
- VICTIM SUPPORT - Help victims of fraud from your area. Answer scam reports and e-mails from your area, and let victims know where and how they can get help.
- MEDIA SUPPORT - The focus of this area of assistance is to educate the public in your area. Contact and update the local media in your area of fraudulent activity. Be available to answer questions from the media. Distribute flyers in hot spots, etc. Spread the word!
- INVESTIGATIVE SUPPORT - Provide support for ongoing investigations by the Better Business Bureau, Attorney General, Federal Trade Commission, and local authorities. This area of service helps build a case against the businesses in question.
- CONTENT SUPPORT - This area of support consists of volunteers keeping an eye out for new fraud schemes in their communities by scanning the news or checking the scam reports. The volunteer may do research and/or write articles about the fraud scheme to post on the ScamShield.com web site.
- ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT - Volunteers come from so many areas of the country and the world, so help with coordination activities would be appreciated.
These are just some of the areas where you can help. Whatever you see as a possibility or opportunity in what you can get from helping, Scam Shield is committed to supporting you. We offer our support and resources to make your assistance powerful and effective.
Please fill out the application form below. After you are approved, you will become an official "Scam Shield Deputy" and will receive materials to help support your efforts. All information is needed to help ensure you get the proper support. All information will be kept CONFIDENTIAL. No one outside of ScamShield management will have access to that information.
Protecting citizens from scams and fraud schemes with advocacy and knowledge.
Scam Shield is a service of a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization.
Copyright ©2011 Scam Shield. All Rights Reserved.